Welcome to Brainfruit.
We are a registered charity that believes ‘Poetry must be made by all. Not by one.’ We work to encourage an appreciation of literature within the community, make poetry more accessible to the public at large and support new writers and performers. We have recently begun working with community to choirs to broaden our accessibility and reach.
We achieve this by
- Promoting literary and spoken word events at a variety of accessible community venues
- Supporting and running events in schools, colleges and further education establishments
- Advocating, performing and promoting literature and poetry through social media via our website and the internet
- Partnering with community organisations such as arts centres, libraries and resource centres to promote poetry and literature
- Forming links with organisations sympathetic to our aims
- Running and devising new workshop programmes to encourage participation with literature and poetry
- At present we are delivering: Spoken word performances and workshops in the Brighton and Hove area for 14-19 year olds from excluded and hard to reach groups
- Producing workshops and spoken word programmes for those over 65 – especially for those who may be experiencing isolation or financial difficulties
- Regional and national touring within the UK of new poetry and spoken word of outstanding artistic merit